Having problems with the disturbing ageing skin? Then microdermabrasion can help steer away that concern. Microdermabrasion or microderm treatment is an aesthetic procedure that exfoliates the thick and uneven outermost layer of the skin with the use of micro-crystals or diamond tipped wand to reveal younger skin.
Problems with fine lines or enlarged pores can be improved significantly with microdermabrasion, as well as with the other conditions like:
- Sagged skin
- Age spots
- Sun-damaged skin
- Hyperpigmented skin
- Brown spots
- Oily skin
- Mild acne scars
- Patchy skin texture
Benefits of Microdermabrasion:
Beside treating the above-mentioned skin conditions, microdermabrasion also helps in the improvement of the lymph flow by cleansing the skin tissues and keeping them firm, thus, improving the overall internal health of the skin. Moreover, it also thickens the collagen as a result of the peeling process, hence broaching a suppler and younger-looking skin. Collagen is the most substantial protein in the body which can be found in the skin, bones, and muscles. It gives strength to the skin, thus, making it smooth and firm. Unfortunately though, collagen depletes with age and exposure to ultraviolet rays.
Types of Microdermabrasion Treatments:
- Crystal Microdermabrasion
Crystal Microdermabrasion involves the abrasive peeling of the dead skin with the use of a handheld device that diffuses micro-crystals onto the superficial layer of the skin causing its exfoliation. The extracted dead skin is then removed by the same device or in the subsequent process.
- Diamond Microdermabrasion
Diamond Microdermabrasion, nevertheless, uses a diamond tipped wand to exfoliate the dead skin cells. However, like the crystal microdermabrasion, it also collects the removed dead skin cells straightaway using the same device or in the subsequent process. The good thing though about diamond microdermabrasion is that it is flexible to use, particularly in sensitive areas, not to mention that it is also safer to use, especially when working around the eye area.
Things to Consider when Planning on Getting a Microdermabrasion Treatment:
- Choose a certified professional surgeon. To know more on microdermabrasion, including its benefits, risks, and appropriateness to your condition, make sure that your surgeon must have the extensive experience or background in the said procedure, and necessary education and training. Also, it is important to choose a skincare professional that you are comfortable with.
- Potential Costs. Choose quality over quantity. Select a practitioner based on his background and experience that can give you the highest level of satisfaction.
- Prepare for the Treatment. Treatment preparation may include at least six weeks of smoking withdrawal prior to the treatment to ensure better and faster healing of the skin, adequate hydration, and cessation of taking anti-inflammatory drugs, certain herbal supplements, as well as aspirin as they may cause internal bleeding.
To achieve lasting and the desired result in microdermabrasion, it is important that you do your part. Research and do not be afraid to ask questions. You can also go straight to a certified doctor to find out more about microdermabrasions.