No more scars! One of the most important parts of your body is your face – and it’s probably the one you spend the most time caring for. The face is responsible for being the picture of your health and beauty, so it’s easy to see how pimple scars can blemish your confidence.
Facial treatment in Singapore isn’t hard to find. With so many options at your fingertips every day, sorting out which treatments are worth the time and money can be a bit overwhelming. Here are 8 tips for revitalising your skin and minifying acne scars. For some, you’ll need a specialist, but most you can do at home!
1. IPL MACHINES use light to penetrate deep into your pores, cleaning and, of course, brightening the skin. These machines have different light filters to aid various skin issues, always blocking harmful UV rays to protect your delicate skin from discolouration.
2. ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS can be unique experiences to enjoy while renewing your skin! Many specialists are exploring new methods of facial care, such as using water and even oxygen to give your skin a thorough cleanse and even out scarring.
3. MICRODERMABRASION BRUSHES, like other textured scrubs, are a great way to extract pollutants and dirt from your skin, leaving it shiny and smooth. Be aware that using it too often can dry out or irritate your skin!
4. STAY OUT OF THE SUN! Heat from the sun and damaging ultraviolet light can bring out existing imperfections, hinder their healing, and cause more scarring. Sunscreen, anyone?
5. TEA TREE OIL is a powerful scar healer, containing natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It hydrates the skin, and is especially effective on scarred areas by supplying them with much-needed moisture to replenish dull and empty areas.
6. ALOE VERA is a plant whose gel-like substance has been used for centuries to heal scars, restore moisture, cool skin, and reduce swelling. The magic lies inside the leaves; simply cut a small portion of the leaf open and coat a thin layer on the scarring. Your skin will quickly absorb it! If you don’t have the plant, go for pure aloe gel.
7. HONEY, similar to tea tree oil, is a natural antibacterial and antifungal healer. Put a small dab of raw honey on the scar and leave it for 10-15 minutes. It may feel funny, but the skin is soaking up the honey’s intense antioxidants!
8. DRINK ENOUGH WATER! Everyone knows that water has so many benefits for the human body. Skin is 64% water, so staying hydrated leaves your skin supple and promotes healing to both old and new scars.
Caring for your skin and healing pimple scars has never been easier. Each day, technology is evolving to help everyone maintain beautiful, clear skin in very little time, and research is revealing the ever-growing number of natural remedies that have the same effects. Give these scar treatments a try, and let us know which one is your favourite!