Health statistics show that the problem of cellulite is very prevalent in 85% to 98% of post-pubescent women. Needless to say, it’s also quite common among Malaysians and Singaporeans. The thing about cellulite problems is that they tend to get worse if they aren’t treated properly and in a timely manner. The dimpled and curdled appearance of the skin will get uglier if you don’t do anything to stop the herniation. Below are some of the ways on how you can deal with a cellulite problem:
- Use topical creams. If you are worried about the appearance of your skin that’s affected by a cellulite problem, applying a little bit of topical cream can provide an instant relief. These creams have a tightening effect which slowly makes the skin smoother. Usually, you only need to apply the creams once or twice a day.
- Perform exercises that target stubborn cellulite. These are exercises that work out your legs, thighs, hips, and abdomen area. Such exercises include lunges, squats, push-ups, and sit-ups. Fitness experts suggest that you perform a set of these exercises in the morning and in the afternoon. The movements help in tightening your skin as well as assist in the burning of the fats that cause the development of cellulite.
- Drink a lot of healthy fluids. One of the main reasons why cellulite forms under the skin is that it’s not hydrated enough. An unhealthy skin will be more susceptible to the development of fats that cause cellulite formation. That said, you should significantly increase your consumption of healthy drinks.
- Seek treatment from a dermal clinic. It’s highly advisable that women who are in their 30s, 40s, and 50s seek the help of an experienced and knowledgeable dermatologist. This is especially true if you have a bad case of cellulite formation. A dermatologist can recommend treatment options that can effectively make the problem go away. It’s not that hard to find cellulite treatment in Singapore and Malaysia. There are a lot of dermal clinics in the region that offer all sorts of cellulite-busting treatments.
- Eat a healthy diet. A nutritious diet plays a very important role in making sure that the signs of cellulite are kept at bay. For instance, if you eat too much food that is rich in salt, the fat cells in your skin tend to get bloated which will make the cellulite look more pronounced. A common advice from nutritionists is that you should moderate your intake of sodium-rich foods. Generally speaking, you should go with natural and raw foods like fruits, vegetables, fish, and lean meat. These items offer a balanced diet. You get most of the nutrients you need.
You don’t have to follow all of these strategies. Just find the ones that work well for your skin and stick to them. Always keep in mind that there are no permanent ways to get rid of cellulite. You can make them go away but they will always certainly develop all over again. This is why it’s important that you regularly have them treated while they are in the early stages of forming. Implementing the tips discussed above will help delay the development of the cellulite under your skin.